Sunday, 27 May 2007

A Sch'mancy Dinner

A Kelly Post: Well, Weesie – what can I say… Thanks so much for the Christmas present. It was well worth the wait!! (background story - Theresa gave us a dinner voucher for a restaurant in Vancouver for Christmas 06)

I don't know how you searched and found a restaurant for Vancouver, I'm assuming you just made a guess and chose one pretty randomly on the net.?? well little sister - guess what you chose for your gumby big sister and her boyfriend. Oh.. just one of the fanciest, schmanciest restaurants in town! That's right - it's where the famous people go (we were promised Cuba Gooding Junior and Jean Claude Vandamme). When I called to make a reservation and they found out that I was staying at the 'I think' renowned for being dodgy American Backpackers hostel - I got that famous "oh.. really?".

Anyways, we spruced up as best we could and pretended that we damn well belonged in a restaurant like that for the night (think Montrachet x 5). I was called 'the lady' all night much to my pleasure..."would the lady like the halibut this evening" ... and plenty more just like that. If anyone asked I was going to say that I was from Home and Away visiting friends in BC.

The food, service and ambience was lovely. A little disappointed there were no famous people in sight.. but I think I'll get over it. We left the restaurant with a gorgeous glow and a spring in our step.


Thanks Weesie!! Josh says "Thanks Weesie" as well!!

No comments: