
We still have to laugh when we think how lucky we've been with all our visitors this year. 2 weeks before we leave we're blessed with Josh's good friend from Melbourne, Matt Pannoussi and my good friend from Brisbane Scott Adam.
Their visits coincided on the same weekend and Banff treated them to spectacular blue skies, slushy snow (that got quite difficult to move in by the end of the day) and some good beer drinking in the sun. Matt is an awesome skier (and did we mention hot curler - keep an eye out for him at the 2010 Olympics!!) and was giving me and Scott great tips, so by the end of day one Scott was already looking really good and I was doing moderately well :)
Then the Pow Pow hit
Matt left Sunday afternoon and Scott still had a few more nights. We thought we'd spend the day cruising around town until we heard that there had been a 20-30cm dump at Lake Louise. So up we went again to give Scott a taste of Pow Pow. Well... I don't think I've laughed so much since I had Mum and Dad up on the hill in balaclavas!! Scott was hilarious (powder is difficult). But, true to his form no matter what we put him up to, he could always make a turn and after getting through a very difficult first run, his form improved dramatically and he was carving up the pow by the end of the day (albeit not prettily). So... I successfully got him down day three without any injuries leaving him more than capable to fulfill his duties as a new daddy in a few months (I had to promise his mum).
I have to say.. and I know Josh will agree that the best part about having people stay with us is that we really get to spend some quality time with our friends. Scott and I had the best catch up we've probably had in 2 years!! I feel like in brisbane I was getting to the stage where I could only squeeze in one dinner, once a month for a quick catch up with a lot of my friends. I really hope if there's one thing I can bring back after this year overseas is having a bit more 'free' time available for the special peeps in my life.
We also did a lot of hanging in the sun...

I was trying to get better at skiing while Scott was here but I was finding the conditions a bit tough with skiis that are too big for me and rental boots. But I was making standing still look good!!

A beautiful 20 degree day at Lake Louise. The outdoor deck was pumping that afternoon (the snow got too slushy to ski in anyway) and highlights included our flatmate Kelley getting up with the band and singing this hilarious song that had the whole crowd whooping adn this little 8 yr old kid who was like a mini Tommy Emmanual stealing the show...







This means spring is here right???

Josh and Matt stylin it on the slopes!



No comments:
Post a Comment