We flew up to see Fi in Edinburgh and check out the Fringe Festival in the Bank Holiday long weekend in August. We managed to catch the only 2 days of sunshine they'd had that month. The festival was great. I haven't really seen many comedy shows in my life but now feel like a connosieurr (sp?). We saw 2 shows a night for 3 nights and most of it was stand up comedy (although we also caught a brilliant performance by the Scottish Dance Company). Don't think people will know most of the people we saw but we did see Jimeoin - who was great but seemed tired and Frank Wood who had a great individual show. Had quite a few belly laughs that's for sure over the weekend.
The biggest dilemma was choosing - the festival booklet alone weighs a tonne.
From Fi's apartment we could take a lovely morning walk over Arthurs Seat.
Finally, I've seen the Edinburgh castle. Beautiful.
Mary Queen of Scot's Palace and now where the Queen stays when she comes to Scotland. Once again I was abandoned by Josh (he's just not into the royal stuff) to do the tour of the castle by myself. I loved it. It's a fascinating palace with lots of great stories and of course a grisly murder!! No photos allowed inside unfortunately.
Here is the coffee shop where JK Rowling wrote Harry Potter and a statue of a dog who kept vigil by his owner's grave every day after he died for 8 years (?? I could be wrong on amount of years).
1 comment:
l hope that guy is getting himself a kilt at some stage.
Post a Comment